Welcome to Little Engines Montessori | Haere mai ki Little Engines Montessori
Little Engines is a vibrant, homely and welcoming Montessori pre-school for children aged 2.5 years and older situated at 56 Surrey Crescent, Grey Lynn, Auckland.
At Little Engines, we love what we do because we do what we love!
Little Engines recognises that, like engines, we too are made of a multitude of component parts that all require nurturing for us to live a full life. We strive to provide a warm, homely and inclusive environment and an exceptional teaching team that enables your children to grow through a love of learning, developing all aspects of themselves.
It also encapsulates the vital importance of nurturing and supporting the growth of rock solid self-esteem just like that of the “little engine that could”. From this derives wonderful attributes of character such as perseverance, resilience, patience, tolerance, kindness and grit.
Little Engines’ mission is to create entertaining and enlightening learning opportunities for children by providing an environment where the children’s natural love for life and learning are encouraged, nurtured and intrinsically instilled so that the children will be lifelong learners. We seek to create a strong sense of community, both within the walls and throughout the wider community, while creating a caring and respectful environment.
With a programme adhering to the broad principles of Maria
Montessori, Little Engines aims to see every child reach their full potential through:
- Respectfully following the children’s interests.
- Fostering independence and a sense of wonder and inquisitiveness.
- Providing a broad based and diverse curriculum tailored to each child’s unique interests and strengths.
- Providing a high teacher to child ratio.
- A harmonious integration of active play into the overall curriculum where kinesthetic learning is truly valued.
- Encouraging each child to extend their oral language.
- Developing their phonetic awareness through exceptional linguistic resources.
- Developing and extending their numeracy and literacy.
If you haven’t before, we’d love to have you pay us a visit!